Motherhood is one of the most rewarding milestones in a woman’s life. However it takes a toll on the body–stretch marks, sagging breasts, and excess fat are common problems after pregnancy and childbirth. These cosmetic concerns are just a few of the reasons why many women turn to mommy makeover surgery in St. Petersburg, FL.
A mommy makeover combines several plastic surgery procedures in one operation. Usually, these treatments target the areas that are most affected by having children, such as the breasts and body. A typical mommy makeover might include:
- Breast surgery: Procedures like a breast lift or breast augmentation are popular in St. Petersburg as part of a mommy makeover. Breast surgery can enhance volume and restore the breasts to a more youthful position.
- Liposuction: Even moms who watch what they eat and exercise regularly may find that their body shape changes after having children. Extra fat around the tummy or in the thighs is common and can be corrected with liposuction. Liposuction removes stubborn fat that diet and exercise can’t, and the procedure creates more sculpted body contours.
- Tummy tuck: A tummy tuck is one of the most rewarding procedures for moms for a number of reasons. Not only can it slim and smooth the abdomen, but it also can restore lost muscle tone. Additionally, tummy tuck surgery is the only way to correct diastasis recti–a condition that occurs when the abdominal muscles separate.
Benefits of Combining Procedures
Combining plastic surgery procedures offers many advantages, including:
- Dramatic results: Your results will look much more dramatic and comprehensive when you combine multiple plastic surgery procedures. Women who come to me for a mommy makeover are thrilled with their new, full-body transformation. By addressing both the breasts and body, I am able to provide more complete results.
- Less downtime: A mommy makeover does require about 6 weeks of downtime. However, this recovery period is less than if each procedure were performed separately. By choosing a mommy makeover, you reduce you overall downtime and also minimize your exposure to anesthesia.
- Overall savings: Combining plastic surgery procedures is a more cost-effective option than having several procedures performed individually. That’s because you only pay once for miscellaneous expenses like facility fees or anesthesia costs. The price may be more initially, but you save in the long run.
Once you’re ready to begin your mommy makeover journey, come prepared to your consultation. Make a list of your cosmetic goals and include any questions you have about the benefits and risks, recovery time, and your results. Also, feel free to bring in before-and-after photos of mommy makeover results you like.
I approach every mommy makeover as a unique and custom procedure. To get the best results, I spend a lot of time during the initial consultation listening to my client’s goals for surgery. I may also take several measurements and evaluate additional factors that can affect your treatment plan. Once your consultation is complete, you’ll have a personalized treatment plan that works with your body type and addresses your concerns.
As a double board-certified plastic surgeon, I pride myself on my meticulous technique, attention to detail, and outstanding results. If you’re interested in a mommy makeover, contact us for a consultation to discuss your cosmetic goals.