Dr. Narasimhan is thrilled to be one of few providers nationally to be using the most cutting edge technology for his Tampa, Clearwater, St. Petersburg, and Florida rhinoplasty patients. Dr. Narasimhan is a leader and national lecturer/instructor in facial plastic surgery and rhinoplasty. He believes his patients deserve the most modern and innovative technology to receive the best results in nasal reshaping surgery. The piezotome ultrasonic device presents a safe, efficacious, and beneficial tool to improve the results of rhinoplasty patients worldwide.
This article will go over the benefits of the ultrasonic device in rhinoplasty and provide education to potential patients.
What is ultrasonic rhinoplasty?
Ultrasonic rhinoplasty, uses a handheld vibrating mechanical device to help reshape the patients’ bone and cartilages. It represents an evolution in instrumentation.
Ultrasonic rhinoplasty can be used for a wide nose, asymmetries in the nose, and for removing a large hump on the bridge of a nose. It can also be used to perform septoplasty and harvest cartilage grafts from the septum.
- The old method of instrumentation for rhinoplasty involves archaic and old-school chisels and hammers, which have been utilized for hundreds of years. Chisels can lead to irregular breaks in the bone and occasional deformities. While the old instruments work, the ultrasonic device in Dr. Narasimhan’s practice sculpts the bone in a more precise manner, without breaking the bones.
- The Piezotome ultrasonic device uses a vibrating ultrasound technology to finely cut and saw bone. It is similar to the fine instrumentation used in dental and oral surgery. The efficiency is like using an electric saw versus a handheld saw to cut wood.
- The softness and the precision of ultrasonic technology allows for greater precision for open or closed rhinoplasty. Nasal bones do not need to be broken, they can be filed down efficiently. This is all done very atruamatically.
- Piezo ultrasonic rhinoplasty can remove a large hump on the bridge, narrow the nose, and perform septoplasty.
Other benefits of ultrasonic rhinoplasty…
In older patients, bones can be sculpted in a more precise and softer way, without breaking them.
- Bruising can be less, recovery is quick and patients have been outcomes.
- Dr. Narasimhan uses the device to allow high-frequency ultrasonic waves directly to the nasal bone, allowing him to remove specific bone fragments and rigid cartilage
Piezo ultrasonic technology can be utilized in both open rhinoplasty and closed rhinoplasty. Bones that are not inadvertently fractured or splintered standard, older rhinoplasty instruments.
In many cases, Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty can be performed through a closed, scarless approach.
Candidates For Piezo Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty
Candidates for ultrasonic rhinoplasty are individuals who desire improve the size and/or shape of their nose.
Piezo Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty Recovery
The healing process posted following ultrasonic rhinoplasty is more better than traditional rhinoplasty; While Dr. Narasimhan emphasizes a 6 week recovery, often patients undergoing piezo rhinoplasty see their final results sooner than traditional rhinoplasty.
Piezo Ultrasonic Rhinoplasty in Tampa bay, Fl with Dr. Narasimhan
Dr. Narasimhan is a Board-Certified Plastic Surgeon and national rhinoplasty expert. Contact us today to schedule your personal consultation and find out if Piezo ultrasonic rhinoplasty is a right option for you.
Leave a Reply