Narasimhan Plastic Surgery: Kailash Narasimhan, M.D.
900 Carillon Pkwy., Ste. 409
St Petersburg, FL 33716
Phone: (727) 289-7119
Monday–Friday: 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Laser Hair Removal
Excess hair on your face, back, chest, legs, underarms, or bikini area can be a nuisance, especially when living in an active beach community like ours. Board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Kailash Narasimhan performs laser hair removal himself at his St. Petersburg medical spa near Tampa. He uses advanced laser and IPL technology to address unwanted hair for all different skin and hair types.
The Medical Spa at Narasimhan Plastic Surgery Offers:
- The latest hair removal technology for customized treatments
- Care you can trust from Dr. Narasimhan and his hand-selected certified medical aesthetician
- A longstanding commitment to nonsurgical cosmetic care
- The peace of mind of a professional medical practice
- An expanded range of leading-edge cosmetic treatments
Dr. Narasimhan dedicates the same care and attention to medical spa services that he does to his cosmetic surgery procedures. Laser hair removal with a board-certified plastic surgeon means improved safety, precision, and results. To find out more about your laser hair removal options, request a consultation today or call our office at (727) 289-7119 to schedule your appointment.
For those interested in savings on laser hair removal as well as skin care procedures and treatments, visit our NPS Skin Club page.
Dedicated to Your Care
DOUBLE BOARD-CERTIFIED PLASTIC SURGEON
Dr. Narasimhan is an excellent choice for your cosmetic procedure for many reasons, including:
- Double board certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Otolaryngology
- Highly trained in procedures of the face, breast, and body
- Passion for cosmetic procedures and patient care
- Compassionate care and attention to detail
The Appeal of Laser Hair Removal
Traditional methods of removing unwanted hair include shaving, waxing, tweezing or using messy, depilatory creams. These can be uncomfortable, time consuming and expensive, and achieve only short-lived results. Laser hair removal significantly reduces unwanted hair through a series of comfortable treatments with long-lasting results.
Because Dr. Narasimhan uses the StarLux® laser and intense pulsed light (IPL) platform, he is able to customize hair removal treatments and achieve improved outcomes. Advantages of this technology include:
- Safe for all skin colors and types
- Effective on hair of varying thicknesses and colors
- Improved comfort, speed, and versatility
- Long term, lasting results
How It Works
Prior to your treatment, a topical anesthetic cream may be applied to improve comfort. The handpiece is guided over the treatment area delivering either laser or IPL energy, depending on your hair and skin type. The skin is simultaneously cooled for optimal comfort. The laser or light energy travels down the hair shaft and disables the hair follicle. Only hairs that are in the active growth phase are affected, which is why a series of treatments spaced several weeks apart is necessary.
Most of our patients are ready to resume normal activities immediately, and aftercare is fairly straightforward. Dr. Narasimhan will advise you to avoid tanning and using certain skincare products following laser hair removal, and may recommend that a soothing lotion be applied to the area. Typically, follow-up treatments will be scheduled about 4 weeks apart.